NEW YORK, NY (07.21.2020) – SiriusXM and BMW announced today that SiriusXM with 360L – SiriusXM’s newest and most advanced audio entertainment platform – will be available to BMW customers for the first time in most of the 2021 BMW model year vehicles starting with July production.
The SiriusXM with 360L platform will be making its BMW debut in model year 2021 BMWs, including the 2 Series Gran Coupe, 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 8 Series, X3, X4, X5, X6, X7 and Z4 models. The first BMW models equipped with SiriusXM with 360L are expected to be available later this summer.
SiriusXM with 360L combines satellite and streaming content delivery into a single, cohesive in-vehicle entertainment experience, upgrading the way the subscriber interacts with the service by providing more choice in entertainment than ever before. SiriusXM with 360L gives drivers and their passengers access to more than 10,000 hours of SiriusXM’s recorded On Demand content whenever they want – including exclusive interviews, unique shows and live performances. It also delivers more live channels than ever from SiriusXM’s acclaimed satellite and streaming lineup, which features an extensive selection of ad-free music, plus sports, entertainment, news and much more. SiriusXM with 360L’s personalized “For You” recommendations and ability to search for related content also make it easier than ever for listeners to discover more of the programming they love.
BMW vehicles that feature SiriusXM with 360L will also be equipped to receive software updates that will allow BMW owners and lessees to receive the latest features from SiriusXM. One expected future software update will enable 360L’s newest feature, Personalized Stations Powered by Pandora. With Personalized Stations Powered by Pandora, drivers can create their own ad-free music stations based on the artist they are listening to, then give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down within the SiriusXM service, or even skip songs, to create their own personal channel that plays more of what they want.
“For almost two decades, BMW drivers have been enjoying the unique entertainment content provided by SiriusXM. In-vehicle entertainment has always been important and today, our customers’ expectations have grown to include the choice to listen to exactly what they want to listen to in that moment,” said Ralph Mahler, Department Head, BMW Product & Strategy. “Just as we were back in 2002, we are excited to be one of the first to offer the new SiriusXM with 360L service to our owners and drivers. Offering entertainment options is as critical to us as offering a choice of how you wish to interact with your vehicle to make driving your BMW an exciting experience every single day. This experience must always be premium however and this premium experience is what our partnership with SiriusXM brings to the enthusiastic BMW owners.”
“BMW produces some of the finest vehicles in the world, and their reputation for delivering the ultimate driving experience is well-deserved. BMW’s broad adoption of SiriusXM with 360L will give drivers a more rich, diverse and exclusive audio entertainment offering,” said Chris Paganini, VP, Automotive Partnerships, for SiriusXM. “SiriusXM with 360L will be available in several of BMW’s most popular 2021 models, meaning more drivers than ever can discover and enjoy exactly what they want, when they want, from SiriusXM’s variety of premium content.”
The benefits of SiriusXM with 360L include:
- More channels available to listeners, including many of SiriusXM’s exclusive streaming channels.
- Access to over 10,000 hours of on-demand SiriusXM shows, interviews, and events in the car, giving listeners more of what they want, when they want to hear it.
- Enhanced sports play-by-play offering gives listeners access to the official broadcasts for more pro and college teams.
A more personalized experience
- “For You” content recommendations enable listeners to discover more of what they love, based on listening habits, served on screen for easy, one-touch access.
- Individual SiriusXM listener profiles allow multiple drivers and passengers to customize and maintain their own vehicle favorites.
Ease of use
- Dynamic user interface makes it easier to browse by genre and allows for easy navigation between satellite and streaming channels and SiriusXM On Demand content.
- “Related” recommendations feature allows listeners to easily discover other channels and On Demand shows/episodes related to the currently playing channel and content.
- The new Live Sports Category puts all the games in one place, making it easier to find your favorite team before or during the game, or check the score afterwards.
- Search function allows you to enter the artist name or channel you are looking for to find what you want to listen to.
BMW owners and lessees receive a 12-month subscription to SiriusXM’s top tier All Access package with the purchase or lease of any SiriusXM-equipped BMW vehicle. Those customers buying or leasing the 2021 model year vehicles referenced above can drive off the lot and immediately enjoy all of the satellite and streaming features that SiriusXM with 360L offers.
SiriusXM All Access delivers SiriusXM’s full lineup of varied programming, plus access to SiriusXM outside their vehicle on the SiriusXM app and on connected devices and speakers in their home. For more on all the programming that SiriusXM offers, and all the ways you can listen, go to www.SiriusXM.com.