ARLINGTON, VA (04.08.2021) - The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) will convene top government officials, technology leaders, entrepreneurs and policy experts to explore the relationship between innovation and public policies, while addressing major issues impacting U.S. competitiveness during CTA’s Tech Week, a digital event on April 14 and 15.
At CTA’s Tech Week, which consists of Innovation Policy Summit and Lobby Day, top innovators and policymakers will tackle top tech issues, including digital health, broadband access, self-driving vehicles, online speech, cybersecurity, trade and more. New this year, CTA will host Clubhouse chats on topics including digital health, Section 230 and autonomous transportation. CTA will also announce this year’s Digital Patriots, recognizing elected officials who champion policies and practices vital to innovation in consumer technology.
“We are excited to bring innovators and government officials together to discuss the future of U.S. tech policy,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CTA. “CTA and its members work closely with lawmakers to ensure streamlined policies and regulations that foster innovation. Over the last year especially, we have seen America’s technology companies step up to provide solutions for remote work, online education, telemedicine and more. America’s economic competitiveness and status as a global tech leader depend on smart pro-innovation policies.”
CTA Tech Week events include:
- What Does the Future Hold for Section 230 and Online Speech? with U.S. Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR)
- Digital Health and Emerging Technologies with Jeffrey Shuren, director, Center for Devices and Radiological Health at the Food and Drug Administration
- How Can Policymakers Unlock the Transformative Power of Self-Driving Vehicles? with Robert Hampshire, acting assistant secretary for research and technology, U.S. Department of Transportation and Melissa Froelich, director of government relations, Aurora
- New White House, New Congress…New Trade Policy? with Jeff Werner, vice president of corporate and government affairs, Panasonic USA
- Securing our Digital Future with Marjorie Dickman, chief government affairs and public policy officer, Blackberry
- Connectivity in America with Courtney Reinhard, vice president of federal government relations, Verizon and John Godfrey, senior vice president of public policy, Samsung Electronics America
Visit www.cta.tech/Events/Tech-Week for more.